Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

May 2006 leave you peacefully, and may 2007 bring you new adventures and bright hopes fullfilled.
I feel bad I didn't get anything up for my favorite holiday, Christmas. My new years resolution will be to actually do something for Christmas next year. Something big and worth while even.

This is a fun little piece, I took an existing image of Castle Grayskull that I painted, maybe I'll show it here someday... And I wanted to see what that creepy ol' castle would look like with a nice coat of snow.

I was inspired largely by a couple of things, my spectrum entry below takes place in the snow, and also, over the last week I was at my parents house in Monroe Utah, where it dumped nigh unto a foot of snow on us all, leaving the landscape in a beautiful, pure blanket of snow. Magical I tell ya... just plain magical.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ruune said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Excellent pic Nate... love the rendering simplicity of the snow.

Ya' know, I would absolutely love a short tutorial of how you do something as effortless looking as the snow. Program? What brush? Opacity?

Everytime I attempt anything of the sort, it turns out really muddy and/or choppy. Never clean and smooth and blending.

Nate Baertsch said...

Painter. Just two brushes, a medium brush as I call it with half resaturation and half bleed. (bleed=blending)
And a mushy brush, which is little to no resaturation, and bleed is almost all the way up, like %95.

Those are Corel's Painter terms, so that may or may not help you depending whether or not you have painter...

Thanks Bro!

Anonymous said...

Happy new Year!
I hope that you and your family have a great 2007

Ciao
Divs :)